Information pursuant to art. 13 of the Privacy Code prepared pursuant to the Privacy Authority (Garante) Decision dated 08.05.14
What are cookies?
Cookies are small strings of text that the websites visited by users send to their devices, which store them for retransmission to the same websites when they are visited again.
For the purposes addressed herein, there are technical and profiling cookies, depending on the function for which they are used, as well as first-party and third-party cookies, depending on the party that installs them.
Technical cookies are used solely “to transmit a communication on an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the supplier of a service, explicitly requested by the contracting party or user, to provide that service” (see art. 122, para. 1, of the Privacy Code).
Technical cookies comprise temporary or session cookies (to facilitate normal browsing and use of the website), analytical cookies (similar to technical cookies, when used directly by the administrator of the website to gather information, in aggregated form, about the number of users and how they visit the website) and functional cookies (enabling users to browse based on a series of selected criteria, such as language, in order to improve the service provided).
The installation and use of technical cookies does not require prior consent from the data subject.
Profiling cookies are used to send advertising messages that are consistent with the preferences shown by the user while browsing the web.
The use of profiling cookies does require prior consent from the data subject.
The distinction between first-party and third-party cookies is made by considering the party that installs them on the devices of users. This may be the administrator of the website visited by a user or the administrator of another website that installs cookies via the first.
Cookies installed on this website
This website, owned by Pegaso srl with registered offices at via P. Nenni 5, Arbizzano di Negrar (VT) and defined as the Data Controller pursuant to Decree 196/03 (Privacy Code), uses the cookies indicated below.
Cookie name: Function
This is a session cookie that ensures the recognition of users who have already visited the website.
The user may disable the use of technical cookies at any time but, as a consequence, continued full use of the website might not be guaranteed.
If the user nevertheless wishes to exercise this option, the individual cookies may be selected/deselected in the manner described at the foot of this information sheet.
Cookie name: Function
Google Analytics: Analytical cookies * used to gather information in aggregated form about the number of users and how they visit the website. These cookies gather anonymous information about how a website is used, enabling its owner to obtain a better understanding of the website and to improve its functioning.
Additional information is available at the following link:
* considered similar to technical cookies in the Garante Decision dated 08.05.14.
How to select/deselect or disable, remove or block cookies
This website allows the selection/deselection of individual cookies, in the manner described below, bearing in mind that full use of the website might not be guaranteed if they are disabled.
Cookies are disabled, removed or blocked using the relevant browser settings, as described below:
- Open Firefox;
- Press the “Alt” key on the keyboard;
- From the toolbar positioned in the upper part of the browser, selection “Tools” and then “Options”;
- Then select the “Privacy” tab;
- Go to “History settings” and then choose “Use custom settings”;
- Deselect “Accept cookies from sites” and save the preferences.
- Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Click on “Tools” and then on “Internet Options”;
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the desired level of privacy (higher to block all cookies and lower to allow them all);
- Then click on “OK”.
- Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome;
- Click on “Tools”;
- Select “Settings” and then choose “Show advanced settings”;
- Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”;
- In the “Cookies” section, deselect the cookies and save the preferences.
- Open Safari;
- Select “Preferences” from the toolbar, then select the “Security” tab shown in the dialogue window;
- In the “Accept cookies” section, specify if and when Safari must save cookies from websites. Click on the Help button (shown as a question mark) for further information;
- Click on “Show Cookies” for further information about the cookies stored on your computer.
The following links provide useful information about cookies and about how to manage or disable them: